Hospitality Study at the Cornell University
Cornell Hotel School visiting student guideline
- Established by the Kwok Scholars Association (founded by Dr. Walter Kwok), the Kwok Hospitality Awards will provide funding for up to two exceptional students each academic year from the School of Hotel and Tourism Management (“SHTM”) of Hong Kong Polytechnic University (“PolyU”) to study at the School of Hotel Administration (“SHA”) of Cornell University for one semester.
- Tenable for one semester of the undergraduate programme at SHA;
- Covers university tuition fees, accommodation, health insurance and travelling expenses;
- Awards will be allocated based on academic merit, financial need and commitment to the hospitality industry.
To be considered for a Kwok Hospitality Award, an applicant must:
- be a Chinese Hong Kong permanent resident;
- be a current second year full-time undergraduate student of SHTM of PolyU enrolled in the BSc (Hons) in Hotel Management or BSc (Hons) in Tourism Management. Award recipients will be in their third year of study when he or she undertakes the visit at SHA of Cornell University;
- have exceptional academic results; and
- have potential to be offered a place to study hospitality-related courses at SHA of Cornell University.
- Eligible candidates should submit applications for the Kwok Hospitality Awards with SHTM of PolyU;
- Short-listed applicants will undergo an interview process;
- The selected Kwok Hospitality Award recipient must apply to SHA and be successful in gaining a place to study the undergraduate hospitality courses for a semester.
As stipulated by SHTM of PolyU.
Please note that the application is administered by PolyU. Application forms will not be available in the Association’s website.